Our Top Picks:
(See our quick top 5 picks and below you can read our detailed reviews about these products.)
10 Best Toilet Wax Rings in 2022
1. NEXT BY DANCO Perfect Seal Toilet Wax Ring
If you are looking for a wax ring to ensure the cleanest toilet floor, this may be your first choice. The installation is pretty straightforward, and once you install the toilet ring, it will provide you a seal three times stronger than the average one. The seal remains firm with our regular toilet movements. While installing, you won’t have to worry about a messy scenario.
The weight of this product is 0.70 lbs. The ring’s length is 6.18 inches, the width is 6.18 inches, and the height is 2.41 inches. The toilet flange stays from 0.5 inches above the surface to 1.5 inches below the floor. It also has an adaptor with an inner dimension of 2-⅝ inches. The seal has a Center dimension of 2-⅜ inches.
It is available in the market in color black. The ring is made of high-quality rubber and comes with a limited warranty of 1 year.
The gray rubber casing has a black plastic ring that can be removed easily. Also, you will not need any additional kit to install the ring. The package comes with mounting bolts and two caps to adjust with the bolts. If you have a 3-inch waste line, this may be the best one out for you.
- You can adjust the position of the wax ring if needed.
- The top plastic extension may do a big help if your flanges are deeper.
- The Perfect Seal can be compressed, and the toilet will sit flush with the floor if you remove the black ring.
- Easy to install.
- If your flanges are not in good shape, you may need additional bolts.
2. Fluidmaster 7530P8 Toilet Seal
In terms of wax-free rings, Fluidmaster is often seen highly recommended by the experts. These toilet rings can be suitable for any flanges and toilets. The recessed flanges can even work perfectly fine for the uneven toilet floor.
If you are tired of going through all the troubles, you have to face the adjustment, installation, or maintenance of a wax ring; this could be the first choice.
The dimension of this wax ring is 6.00 x 6.00 x 2.00 inches, and it weighs 0.50 lbs. The ring is round-shaped and is made of fine quality rubber. With the package, you will get a rubber gasket, spacer, and hardware for installation. You can adjust the position of the wax ring if required.
The bolt holes will guide you to have a perfect installation in the first place. The plastic washers that come with the product will help to keep the bolts in place. Additionally, you will not need any specific temperature to make the ring work.
- Mess and leak-free.
- Easy installation.
- Works fine for uneven floor or recessed flanges.
- Comes with a 10-year warranty.
- If your installation does not match the rubber mount, it may not work fine.
3. Fernco Inc. FTS-3 3-Inch Wax Free Toilet Seal
If you want to get yourself a wax ring that will maintain the tight seal with movements, this ring from Fernco Inc. may be a great deal for you. This product is well-known for its quality, durability, and low-effort installation.
With the Frenco FTS-3, you will get the best toilet seal of 3″ and adjustable flanges. The flexibility of the flanges will allow a fit up to ¾”. The dimension of the product is 3.5″ x 5″ x 5″.
It will weigh 9.6 ounces. In the market, it is available in the color Iron, and it is made of high quality, flexible PVC. It works great for both wall carriers and floor mounts.
This one-piece design gives a clean performance. The ring creates a from seal on raised floors, wood, tile, linoleum, and carpet. Not only that, if you ever feel the need to remove the toilet and install again somewhere else, you can do that with this ring without breaking the seal.
- It can be used on heat-radiant surfaces.
- It has an easy two-stage installation.
- The firm seal is unbroken even with movements.
- The seal may be too tight for your standard floor flange, and you may require to be extra careful not to scratch the porcelain while installing.
4. Korky 6000BP Universal Toilet WaxFree Seal
This product from Korky is perfect for both modern and old fashioned toilet. If you are done with all the messy installations, this may be the cleaner option for you.
This wax-free product has a great advantage of being repositioned while installation if it doesn’t fit the best the first time. Whereas, in the case of wax rings, if you do not get success in the first attempt, you always throw the product in the trash.
It gives a perfect fit in every possible setting; above, below, and on the ground level. It creates a strong seal between the floor and your toilet. The two-piece foam interior should be suitable for most of the flanges.
The WaxFree Seal is round in shape and has a dimension of 2 x 7.8 x 8.8 inches, and the weight is 4.8 ounces. The material makes it stand out from the crowd.
The red rubber made from Chlorazone Flapper material is made to resist the bacteria, chlorine, harsh chemicals, and city water treatments. It will fit the best if your drain pipes are of 3″ and 4″. In the package, you will get the WaxFree Seal, hardware set, and the direction to have the product installed.
- It is suitable for both modern and old fashioned toilets.
- It doesn’t melt and freezes in hot and cold temperatures.
- It is adjustable while installation.
- It comes with a 5-year warranty.
- The crews that come with the package may not be long enough for some toilets.
5. Fluidmaster 7513 Extra Thick Wax Toilet Bowl Gasket
If you are looking for the best toilet wax ring that will give you extra protection. Fluidmaster 7513 got your back. It comes with an extra 40% than most for the wax ring out there in the market. The extra wax will provide you a more secure and firm seal. It will fit perfectly, no matter where your flanges are; above, flush, or below the floor.
The seal is perfect for most of the drains; that is 3″ and 4″. The flanges create the passage from the toilet into the pipes to prevent any leakage. The product’s dimension is 5.94 x 1.94 x 5.94 inches, and it weighs 6.4 ounces.
As a bonus, you will get a Polyethylene flange that is included in the package. The ring is effortless to install. Following the instructions in the right manner, you should get it right on the first try.
The seal should be perfect if you have a standard flange height. However, it may not work for you if your flange level is way too far below the floor level. So, make sure to check your flange height at first and then make a decision.
- The extra thick wax gives extra protection.
- It is easy to install.
- It perfectly suits all kinds of standard flanges.
- It comes with a 5-year warranty.
- The thickness may not be enough for some toilets.
6. Sani Seal Llc BL01 Waxless Toilet Gasket
Sani Seal can be the rescuer to save you from the hassle of cleaning of wax and the worries of the perfect fit. This waxless gasket does wonders for all type of flange and floor. However, your toilet floor is, even though it is sagging or tilting, it will do its job fine.
This seal works excellent on all types of flanges. It is designed for the flange that is ⅜ inches above or lower from the ground. However, if you got a deeper flange than this, you can get a few of the gaskets and stack them one over another to make it work.
The length of the gasket is 2 inches, the width is 8 inches and the height is 9 inches. It is made from Polyurethane. The waxless gasket weighs 0.4 Pounds. The design of the gasket is something unique.
The material can sit on any floor. The foamy material compresses as well as relaxes to give it a secure grip. The gasket holds the bolts in place firmly, which prevents the bolts from getting loose and moving.
- The gasket can be repositioned while installing.
- It works even for flanges that are deeper than usual.
- The seal remains intact even if your toilet keeps moving.
- You may need to try more than once to ensure the right fit.
7. LASCO Toilet Bowl Extra Thick Wax Ring
The LASCO Extra Thick Wax Ring ensures you a strong enough seal to prevent the leakage of gas, odor, or water. Its polyethylene flanges are designed to be perfectly fit on 3-inch and 4-inch waste opening. The brass bolts that come with the package ensure you the best results by making the seal even more secure.
The built-in urethane core maintains the shape of the wax ring during installation. If your toilet flanges are below your floor level, this product can come as a lifesaver for you. The extra thick wax gives extra protection for flanges below the floor level, using the extra height to minimize the gap. As a result, you get a seal tighter than your expectation.
This extra-thick wax ring weighs 1lbs, and its dimension is 1.75 x 5.88 x 5.88 inches. This excellent product does require significantly less effort to be set up correctly. However, you may need to be a bit careful while unpacking the product.
If not unpacked in the right manner, the wax can stick to the protective cover. We got an easy solution for this too. All you need to do is heat up the ring gently using your hands. As an alternative, you can also use a sharp knife to separate the ring without damaging the wax.
- The extra thick wax gives extra protection.
- It is easy to install.
- The package comes with brass bolts.
- It comes with a one-year warranty.
- If unpacking is not done carefully, the wax may stick to the package.
8. Oatey 31194, Small-Toilet Wax Ring
This wax ring is perfect for any floor type closet bowl. The ring is made of 100% pure petroleum. The wax gasket also has a polyethylene sleeve. It creates a strong barrier for leakage, including vermin, odors, gases, acids, etc. You will surely get a proper bowl position using the Oatey 31194 Ring.
The wax ring is suitable for 3 and 4-inch waste lines. The product also complies with the Military Spec. TT-P-1536A.The ring’s weight is 4.8 ounces, and the dimension is 4 x 4 x 2 inches. This small size wax ring will not make a problem lifting the toilet or the tank.
- 100% pure petroleum and polyethylene sleeves ensures the secured seal.
- Prevents the leakage of acids, vermin, gases, and odors.
- It complies with Military Spec. TT-P-1536A.
- Easy to install.
- It may not be heavy-duty enough for some.
9. Wax Ring W/Extra Wax & Bolts
This wax ring from the Fluidmaster offers you 40% more wax than a typical one out there. A sleeve and the number 10 wax that comes with the Wax Ring W/Extra Wax & Bolts will provide you the strongest seal possible. The package comes with polyethylene flanges for your convenience. It also has bolts and an extender included.
The wax ring is reinforced to ensure the perfect seal. The product weighs 8 ounces, and it has a dimension of 6 x 6 x 2 inches. No matter what type of toilet bowl you have, this will fit perfectly. If you are tired of the odor coming from below the toilet bowl, you must keep this product on the list.
- The ring has the thickest wax for an extra secured seal.
- Suitable for all kinds of toilet bowl.
- It is packaged in a try and does not lose its perfect size.
- Some have reported not to receive the hardware that should come with the package.
10. William H.Harvey 004305-24 Urethane Toilet Bowl Wax Ring
The William H.Harvey Urethane Toilet Bowl Wax Ring can be the right choice for your closet bowl toilet. The extra thick wax ring is suitable for 3-inch and 4-inch lines. The polyurethane flanges and resilient springs will keep your ring usable in the long run. These will keep the materials in good shape even after using it regularly.
It comes with a no-seep gasket. They help to maintain the firm seal. This can be called heavy duty as the ring can hold up about 90 pounds psi under 85% compression. The product weighs 7.4 ounces, and the Product Dimension is 12.66 x 12.47 x 12.66 inches. It is available in color black.
- The urethane core prevents any sort of puncture.
- The ring is extra thick.
- The product has strong compression, which ensures a firmer seal.
- It comes with a No-Seep gasket.
- It only fits closet bowl toilets.
- The returns are not honored for this product as declared by the manufacturer.
Things to Keep in Mind while Buying the Best Toilet Wax Ring
A wax ring is one of the crucial parts of your toilet set-up. Having a wax ring that is perfect for your toilet can save you from a lot of hustle, work, and trouble. On the other hand, not choosing a good one can give birth to a lot of troubles.
The leakage of water from the toilet floor and odors can be some of them. A ring also works to bring your toilet floor and the toilet bowl in one line for the wastage to pass without making a mess.
There are so many wax rings out there in the market. However, not every single of them is suitable for every toilet. Hence, it is vital to pick up a wax ring that suits your toilet perfectly. Otherwise, it will be a ruin of your time, effort, and most importantly, money.
A toilet is one of the most important parts of a household that can’t be replaced by anything else. You spend a significant amount of time in a toilet; hence, you would, of course, like to make that experience a pleasant one. If you notice water leaking or odors coming from the floor, it may be time to change your toilet floor.
No one wants that messy, unpleasant experience while trying to have some ‘me-time.’ It is more satisfying to keep an eye on your toilet set up and get a new wax ring if required.
Do not forget to consider the wax rings reviewed above and keep the Buyer’s Guide in mind while buying one. We hope it was helpful to you.